To Do List
Health and Beauty
Plug Your Site
ExtraChange The Skin
Report An Error
MT Blog Archives
Nov-Apr 04 Archives
Feb-Nov 03 Archives
Sites and ProjectsShining Top Sites
Creme De La Femme
1. Open up a PSD of the image you want to outline. This basically means that it should have a transparent background.
2. Go to Selections > Select All. You should have something like this:
3. Now click and click the actual person in the picture. The person should be outlined like this:
4. Decide what colour you want your outline to be. I'm doing black. You need to open up a black image about 100 pixels wider and taller than your original. You could also use the floodfill bucket to create gradient or pattern outlines, it's up to you.
5. Right-click your original image and choose 'Copy', then go over to your background image (the one you opened in step 4), and 'Paste as a new selection', and position so it's in the centre:
6. Go to Selections > Modify > Expand, and change the number depending on the size of your image and how thick you want the border. I'm using 3.
7. Now paste your image onto a patterned background and save. Remember, you can outline your image as many times as you like for different effects. Here are a few I made:
Back | Forward